‘Activators’ are volunteers, aged 18+, who introduce and encourage all abilities into Rounders in a fun, friendly and relaxed environment. The 3 hour course is a leadership award and not a coaching qualification therefore activators will learn to lead and organize Rounders activities. The activities must contribute to those that are for or involve participants aged 14+.
- Co-ordinate a fun warm up game that will get everyone socialising
- Play some games from the Small Games Cards
- Play a game of Rounders
- Near the end of session – deliver a cool down, chat about the session (what they enjoyed) and what they would like to do next time
- Return statistics to Rounders England
They will encourage participants to:
- Try something new
- Meet new people
- Play in a friendly, relaxed environment
- Have fun and get active!
- Return each week
A 4 badminton court sized sports hall.
The activator course is intended to give individuals or groups the resources and skills to set up Rounders activity in a range of settings including local communities and parks, for a specific group of people or even for your colleagues at work!
The course will provide you with an all round introduction to leading sports activities.
- Health and Safety (check areas, equipment, participants – fit and healthy, no injuries etc.)
- Rounders England information (website / RM contacts / CSP contacts / Welfare Policy, Code of Ethics, Code of Conduct, Rounders England philosophy)
- Importance of welcoming participants into a fun and relaxing environment
- Warm up and Cool Down examples
- Small Games examples
- Game organisation
- Simplified Rules
What you need to bring
You will need to come in sportswear as participants will be expected to take part in the activities. Please also bring refreshments as Rounders England cannot guarantee these facilities at the course venues.
What you will receive
Activators will receive the following resources so they can go out and start to encourage people to play Rounders:
- Activator Handbook (includes scoresheet and scorecard)
- Small Games Cards
- Subscription to Rounders England’s newsletter
- Support to set up your Rounders sessions
- Certificate of Attendance
- 1 months Gold Membership to Rounders England which includes combined liability insurance
- Course Organisers will also receive 2 x Activator kit bags to distribute to learners when required
- £40 per learner (Non Member)
- £36 per learner (Gold Member)
If you would like to organise and run a course, email or call the Workforce team on 0114 248 0357.