Elected Director – Young People and Education
Organisation: Rounders England
Time Commitment: On average, one day a month, plus 4 Board meetings per year
Term of office: A maximum of 4 years, to start in September 2017
Location: National Office in Sheffield, meetings in various locations
Type of contract: Volunteer, expenses paid
Closing date for nominations: 23 July 2017
Rounders England is the National Governing Body for Rounders. Our vision is to ‘Connect People through Rounders’ and our mission is to create jaw dropping performance and participation, powerful partners and allies, high visibility and profile, and control of our destiny. We are entering into an exciting phase for Rounders, with a recently restructured and highly committed staff team who value the leadership and support of the Board. Further information on the organisation and our strategy can be found on the Rounders England website.
The Board Role
Rounders England has a board of up to nine members led by the Chair, Ruth Daniels. The Board has overall responsibility for the performance of Rounders England and concerns itself with leading the organisation focusing on strategy, governance, finance and oversight of delivery.
We are looking for nominees with skills and current experience of young people’s habits and lifestyles, and who have strategic knowledge and influence in the education sector. Nominees must be a current voting member of Rounders England.
Nominees will also have:
- Experience of leadership at either an executive or non-executive level
- The skills and experience to influence decision making at Board level
- A passion for sport and young people
- A commitment to promoting diversity and equality
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of being an Independent Director of a limited company
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and influencing skills, and the ability to contribute effectively to the board and committees and communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels
To nominate someone, you and the nominee must be a current voting member of Rounders England. Complete the nomination form and return to email@example.com before 23 July 2017.
Informal enquiries to:
CEO, Alison Howard T: 07931 741345 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair, Ruth Daniels E: email@example.com