Rounders England Activity Leaders
STARTING SPRING 2018
Do you want to run Rounders sessions in your local area?
Rounders England are looking to expand the number of Rounders opportunities across the country. We can’t do it alone and and need your help!
If you love Rounders, play, maybe have a qualification or a sports background, then wherever you are, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to get involved in growing an engaging and fun sport.
Come Join Us!
You will be paramount to the success of ‘Come & Play’ Rounders sessions and encouraging your local community to get active.
You will lead and organise Rounders activities.
You will be required to:
- Co-ordinate a fun warm up game that will get everyone socialising
- Organise players into teams
- Play a game of Rounders
- Control play and manage scores
- Deliver a cool down and engage individuals feedback
We expect individuals will be required for approximately 3 hours per evening and will be paid a competitive rate of pay with the option of bonus related pay.
What Rounders England will provide
We will provide you with administrative support in a number of areas; to promote the sessions, raise awareness, engage with individuals from the area and where appropriate, attend sessions.
We will provide:
- Training to enable you to lead a group of non-playing individuals through basic skills of the game with the aim of being able to play competitive games in the longer term
- Rounders equipment necessary to facilitate games
- A range of digital support to include promoting the sessions regularly across facebook, twitter and Instagram. Setting up and administering a facebook page specifically for the sessions in your area. Marketing the sessions on the NGB’s website and newsletters.
- Paid for advertising in local newspapers.
What you will need
Below is a list of must haves;
- First Aid, Safeguarding & DBS certificates all dated within the last 3 years
Below is a list of desirables;
- Experience of sports coaching
- Activator training, preferably in Rounders
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via video (maximum 5mins). Tell us about you, your experience, where you are located, why we should choose to invest in you and your community and how you can support our efforts to make Rounders a success in your area. Email firstname.lastname@example.org by …….???