10 Reasons to play Rounders in School
Rounders England has many ways in which we can support Teachers, Colleges and Universities who are looking to develop Rounders, through resources, courses and competitions. We also offer Education Membership – click to find out the opportunities this brings for young people.
- Rounders is fun
By placing the emphasis on fun, Rounders stands out from other sports and can encourage those least active pupils into physical activity through enjoyment and sociability.
- Engages all pupils in regular physical activity
A fully inclusive sport, Rounders is a cross-generational, cross gender game that embraces all abilities and fulfills a key indicator within the curriculum.
- Develops confidence and interest to get involved in exercise
A positive experience and understanding of the long-term health benefits of physical activity will impact on pupils out of school participation and in later life.
- A tactical and strategic game that requires excellent teamwork
Everyone in the team gets credit. No-one gets singled out and no-one is left unacknowledged. It’s all about teamwork!
- Rounders shows that commitment yields clear rewards
A variation of the game can be played to encourage participation and allow for teaching differentiation and a clear improvement in performance.
- Exciting tailored leadership courses and volunteering opportunities for pupils
Through theoretical and practical learning, Rounders Young Leaders Award (RYLA) is tailored to encourage pupils to take on leadership roles that can support the game and physical activity within your school.
- Opportunity for invigorating friendly competition
Rounders is a high level competitive sport and, when embraced, can be played at National School Championships and School Games. With four England Squads there are trials for aspiring female players.
- Rounders is adaptable and can be played both indoor and outdoor
Rounders can be played all year round, broadening pupil’s experiences and introducing different rules of the game.
- Professional development opportunities for all staff teaching PE and sport
Opportunity to increase confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff through our wide range of courses, resources and support to all our education members to help create the very best Rounders experience possible.
- Playing, masters fundamental movement skills
With batting, striking, running and catching, Rounders permits pupils to read their environment and make appropriate decisions, allowing them to move confidently and with control in a wide range of physical activity situations.