Acceptable Use Policy
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website https://www.roundersengland.co.uk (our site) or our member services platform at http://www.roundersengland.sport80.com. This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our website or member services platform means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the terms and conditions in this Acceptable Use policy, which supplement our Terms of Website use available on our website at https://www.roundersengland.co.uk/about-us/our-governance/.
https://www.roundersengland.co.uk is a site operated by Rounders England Limited (we or us). https://roundersengland.sport80.com is a site controlled and jointly operated by Rounders England and our partners Sport 80 Services Limited (https://www.sport80.com).We are registered in England and Wales under company number 5032099 and we have our registered office at c/o I. R.Collins & Co., Bridge House, Mill Lane, Dronfield, Derbyshire, S18 2XL.
Our main trading address is c/o I. R.Collins & Co., Bridge House, Mill Lane, Dronfield, Derbyshire, S18 2XL. Our VAT number is 241 7749 93.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors or vulnerable adults in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with Rounders England Safeguarding policy (https://www.roundersengland.co.uk/about-us/our-governance/ or related UK Government legislation (http://www.legislation.gov.uk/).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use available at https://www.roundersengland.co.uk/about-us/our-governance/ Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms or social media chat.
- Bulletin boards.
- Rounders related services for customers and/or members
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise. Alternatively for any enquiries on safeguarding of children you can contact our deputy safeguarding officer at [email protected]
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the terms of acceptable use upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
The following six conditions specifically relate to Rounders England affiliated teams or leagues using this site and are additional to those aforementioned:
I. Rounders England reserve the right to refuse affiliation or in the case of existing affiliation suspend or withdraw an affiliated team or league from the Rounders England affiliation process if that team or it’s players or officials bring the name of Rounders England, or its affiliated partners or employees into disrepute or act in a manner considered detrimental to Rounders England or the sport of rounders through improper use of this website. Players or officials of Rounders England affiliated teams or leagues must act soberly at all times whilst using this website. It is a condition of affiliation that all players and officials accept and adhere to the principals contained within the Equality Act 2010 and in addition do not cause offence or distress or are rude or inappropriate to their colleagues or other individuals including spectators or third parties whilst representing their team or league through this website. In addition the following acts or behaviour are also in violation of our Acceptable Use Code: Any acts or behaviour likely to be defamatory, threatening, obscene, pornographic or illegal acts including safeguarding breaches, intellectual property rights, privacy or confidentiality rights. Where an affiliated team or its players or officials are in breach of this Code they render themselves liable to termination of their affiliation or membership. The decision of our Board of Directors is final in such matters. Where such a decision is taken there will be no recompense or reimbursement of individual memberships as a result of any action taken.
II. Rounders England will not permit or allow any attempt to copy, imitate or reproduce the Rounders England team or league affiliation structure without the express permission of the Chief Executive Officer of Rounders England.
III. Neither is it permitted to replicate, reproduce or establish a team or league delivery model or events model similar to that used by Rounders England whilst concurrently enjoying the benefits of Rounders England team or league affiliation unless you have sought and been granted express permission to do so by the Chief Executive Officer of Rounders England. Consequently it must be noted that any benefits arising from Rounders England affiliation are not transferable to other rounders teams or leagues or their officials or players outside the jurisdiction of or officially recognised by Rounders England. The decision of the Rounders England Complaints Panel or any subsequent Appeals Panel is final in such matters.
IV. As a Rounders England affiliated team or league you will not assist or facilitate any third party to, copy, reproduce, transmit, distribute, frame, commercially exploit or create imitative works of Rounders England material or content including copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property.
V. If you are a commercially recognised enterprise (sole trader, limited company, charity or non-profit making organisation) you agree to indemnify Rounders England and its employees or directors against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that may arise out of any breach of these terms and conditions by you or your players or officials.
VI. Rounders England reserves the right to terminate your affiliation if we have reasonable grounds to believe that you may or will breach these terms and conditions or if we determine that you have engaged in conduct that we determine as unacceptable. The decision of the Rounders England Board of Directors in such matters is final.
By continuing to use our website and/or member services platform you agree to abide by the conditions above.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.