Training & Courses
SPORT SAFEGUARDING TRAINING
It is crucial that everyone plays their part in safeguarding and protecting children and young people. By attending training and events, you will develop your knowledge and skills to help you to recognise and respond to abuse or harm.
CHOOSE THE RIGHT TRAINING FOR YOU
The correct safeguarding training for you will depend upon your role within sport, as well as your existing safeguarding experience and knowledge. The chart below will help you choose the right training for you. Click on it for a larger version.
ACT Launch Two new eLearning Safeguarding Training Courses
- An Introduction to Safeguarding Adults. £25 per person
- Safeguarding Adults in Sport – Setting Club Standards. £10 per person
Time To Listen (Online Classroom)
The UK Coaching ‘Time To Listen’ course is designed for Team/Club Welfare Officers.
Learn about the responsibilities connected with being a Welfare Officer, the skills needed to excel in the role, and how you can ensure that you’re supporting and safeguarding children effectively.
At the end of the course, participants will learn:
- What a Welfare Officer does
- How a Welfare Officer works with others to create a child-centred environment
- How the role of the Welfare Officer fits into the wider safeguarding environment
- How safeguarding fits into the wider culture of your team
- How to respond to and report concerns
- How you can support your coaches to protect themselves
The course takes place over three hours and includes a mix of theory and practical elements.
Cost: £38.00 per personIf Rounders England member teams want to take up this member benefit:
• Each team Welfare Officer (1 per membership, per year) can receive up to £35 reimbursement.
• The individual going on the course is required to be listed as the Welfare Officer on the Rounders England platform, pay for and attend the course.
• Expenses can be claimed back after the course, with the receipt and copy of certificate.
As part of the commitment to ensuring young people are able to enjoy all sports in a safe environment, the NSPCC Child Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU) and UK Coaching have developed courses that are available to our Welfare Officers within teams and leagues and Workforce (Coaches/Leaders/Umpires).
Click the links below to see what courses are available
CSP Network (able to find local courses)