Report a Concern

If you have a safeguarding concern you MUST report it.
Everyone has a responsibility to report any concern they may have regarding the welfare of a young person or adult at risk within rounders, particularly when it comes to protecting them from abuse.

Everyone in rounders – administrators, officials, coaches, committee members, spectators, parents, children themselves, can help.

Rounders England Safeguarding Contacts

Natalie Justice-Dearn, Lead Safeguarding Officer
T: 0114 248 0357

Siân Barnett, Deputy Safeguarding Officer (available Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday)
T: 0114 248 0357

  • Serious Concerns/Imminent Risk

    If you believe a child or adult at risk is in immediate danger please call the police or Children/ Adult Services in your area. Please then notify us as soon as possible afterwards.

    If you are in doubt as to whether your concern is serious, please contact the Safeguarding Officers, Natalie Justice-Dearn or Siân Barnett, at Rounders England on 0114 248 0357 (Mon-Thurs 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-4pm).

    If the Safeguarding Officers are unavailable please call the NSPCC ( who are available 24/7 for help, advice and support: 0808 800 5000

    All Other Concerns
    If there is no immediate risk, you can report the concern in the following ways:

    1. If the concern relates to a Rounders England affiliated team/ league/ club activity, you should contact the Welfare Officer within your team/league/club.
    2. If you are not comfortable speaking to the nominated Welfare Officer within your team/ league/ club please contact the Safeguarding Officer at Rounders England during normal working hours on the number above

    Download our Incident Report Form to support you when a disclosure has been made.

  • National Organisations

    NSPCC                                                                                      Child Protection in Sport Unit
    0808 800 5000                                                  T: 0116 366 5580
    E:                                                  W:

    Ann Craft Trust                                                                  The Samaritans                 
    T: 0115 951 5400                                                       T: 08457 90 90 90
    E:           W:

    0800 11 11

  • Local Safeguarding Children’s Board/Council

    A Local Safeguarding Children’s Board (LSCB) is a multi-agency body set up in every local authority. Each LSCB must draw up their own procedures for dealing with child abuse, in line with legislation and government guidance. Because of this, procedures for dealing with child abuse may be different in different local authority areas. You can get a copy of your local procedures from your local authority child protection team. Also, most LSCB’s have their own websites where you can download information about local policies.

    To contact your Children’s Social Care Team at your local council or to report child abuse to your local council visit